Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random and Weird Facts about Me

1. I hate it when people whisper into my ear – I get goosebumps all over my skin and tingles down my spine. I also hate the feeling of my nails scratching over the sort of roughy smooth surfaces – but I can\’t help but do it anyways.

2. Until I was twelve or thirteen, I swallowed rather than spit when I brushed my teeth. Eventually I got scared by the warnings on tubes of toothpaste and finally broke the habit. It sounds disgusting now, but at the time spitting seemed disgusting to me. Laugh – I dare you.

3. Despite the fact that I failed my first driving test for the following reason, it took months of post-license driving for me to figure out that one is supposed to yield at a green traffic before turning left. It didn\’t click until my friend shrieked this information, after a near miss at a traffic light.

4. I used to have an imaginary friend that I could only see in the mirrors above the vegetables at grocery stores. Every time I went shopping with my mother, I\’d look up at the mirrors and have an inner dialogue with my non-existent friend. A few times I tried to pretend I could see her in the shower door mirror at my grandparent\’s house, but it didn\’t feel right, so I quit. I haven\’t said hello to her in awhile. I wonder if she\’s in Japan.

5. I enjoy shopping at flea markets, thrift stores and vintage stores. I like to buy old photographs and books which I never read anyways. And I would like to buy old lamps, except that my dad refuses to let them in the house. He says they\’re cursed – that\’s one weird fact about him.

6. I was supposed to be on a runway show a year or two ago – but it didn\’t work out because I got so scared and walked so fast that I looked like something out of the old arcade games.

7. I sometimes have strange, nonsensical ideas about things. For example, I used to be certain that a person\’s age resided in his or her knee. It wasn\’t anything physical, for example a creaky knee belonging to an old person, but rather the idea that the number itself, invisible of course, lurked beneath the surface of the knee. I imagined that on every birthday the old number flew out and the new one flew in. Sounds crazy, I know. I also occasionally compare taste to strange things. For example, I have quit drinking apple juice because the taste reminded me of a head concussion, and in these days I won\’t drink beer because I think it tasted like dirt and grass.

8. I don\’t like sushi. I got this email once about a guy who ate sushi, only it wasn\’t cleaned properly and he had worms growing inside him. Every time I see sushi, I feel like throwing up.

9. I don\’t really like mouth to mouth kissing – or kissing of any kind. I keep imagining saliva from him running down my throat, with his enzymes and little bits of food particles and bacteria and germs. And on skin – just feeling a little wetness there (even if it\’s water) makes me feel icky.

10. My parents split on September 11. So yeah – the day the Twin Towers collapsed, so did their marriage.

11. I love pistachios, cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, and especially hazelnuts. But not mixed into brownies or ice cream. Never, ever.

12. When I read chick lit or any lit of any kind, I sometimes put the book down and roleplay it in the privacy of my bedroom. A throwback to childhood innocence, perhaps. Or maybe I haven\’t grown up yet.

13. I still cry when I watch Mufasa die.

14. I like Flo Rida and Sean Paul, but I am not a fan of rap. But I can rap Flo Rida very well. Sean Paul I just can\’t keep up with. I learnt the word \’percolate\’ from Sean Paul.

15. Whenever I walk past mirrors and reflective glass at the mall, I like to look at my reflection from the side to see if I\’m walking with my back straight.

16. I like to lie back on my bed and kick my pillow up with my legs. I can lie back and do that for a long time. I have not jumped on a bed ever since I jumped up and fell off when I was 9 – I cut my forehead when I hit the wall.

17. The photo above was taken with my completely useless webcam a few days ago. So yes – I am that hot, David.

18. I like ending my numbered notes with an even number – so bye!!!

No comments: