Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weekend Fun

I had a sleepover last night. It was the first sleepover we had this year, and it was fun, as usual. It was over at K\’s place (initial instead of name to protect identity of person). She has this really big room with, unfortunately, a really small bed, so we had to join up a few beds together (I have a thing against sleeping in sleeping bags – it seems too cocoon-ish, or prisonlike. I feel smothered, trapped).

The last time we had a sleepover at my place – my dad complained throughout the next day. He overreacts sometimes. A sleepover is meant to be noisy, filled with \”giggles\” and \”shrieks\” and \”laughter\”. What – he expects us to play chess?

Anyways…

We arrived at 6 p.m – that is, I arrived at 5.30 p.m, T and B arrived together at 6.20 p.m, because B had forgotten her toothbrush, and she refuses to share toothbrushes with anyone. Her exact words were – \”I don\’t even know where your mouth has been\”. This from the girl who will happily finish your ice cream for you. Hypocritical, I call it.

I made mashed potatoes. I know what you\’re thinking – mashed potatoes for a sleepover? Believe it or not, I can make very good mashed potatoes. With ham and carrots inside. Potatoes, milk, finely chopped ham and carrots – it is award winning. Or at least it will be, once my culinary skills are discovered and I get a spot on primetime TV.

Anyways – this was the menu –

Pepperoni Pizza.
Little Sausages (K\’s idea – even weirder than mashed potatoes)
Mashed Potatoes (mine!!!)
Specialty Dip (I don\’t even know what was in it)
No alcohol (LOL)
Popcorn (a definite must)
Cheese Cubes
Ice Cream (duh!!!)

A lot for four people? Definitely – but sleepovers are an excuse to pig out! Besides, the carbs provide much needed energy for the night\’s activities.

We watched two movies – 1 chick flick and 1 Japanese horror movie. Despite their claims, I did NOT scream when the ghost thing came out – I merely laughed out loud in a high pitched giggle. I was NOT scared. LOL. I was terrified. I just like scaring myself – I love zombie apocalyptic end of the world movies and ghost stories with a good plot. Anyways – it was during the argument about whether I screamed or not that someone hit T on the face with a pillow.

Pillowfights are an integral part of sleepovers and slumber parties. It\’s a must have – like beds and blankets. Girls like pillowfights. Guys like pillowfights too – well, guys like watching girls have pillowfights . The pillowfight lasted for about half an hour. By then, my face was red and I was panting and my arms and legs were seriously on the verge of giving out. And trust me – after getting hit on the face with several pillows multiple times, it stops being fun and starts being really painful.

And then all four of us made out and had hot lesbian sex. . If that thought had crossed your mind, you are definitely a typical guy. Guys are predictable, lol.

What really happened next – I\’ll leave it to your imagination.

No comments: