Monday, July 27, 2009

Um...


Is it just me or does the notion of Dev Patel playing Zuko seem very, very weird?
Explanations first. I am...an Avatar the last Airbender fan. My dad, believe it or not, is an Avatar the last Airbender fan. My sister (Paige - may she fall into a drain somewhere) is also an Avatar the last Airbender fan. And if you don't know what Avatar the last Airbender is - boo to you.
So when I heard they were going to make a movie - I thought...'Okay...' because we all know how movie adaptations of cartoons end up, right? Look at Dragonball - which I am not a fan of but I heard it sucked. Look at Blood+...which I am a fan of and it apparently sucked too. And Avatar? It's M.Night Shymalan (I don't think I spelled that right but who cares?). He gave us one brilliant movie...Sixth Sense, and followed it up with crap like Lady in the Water and Signs (need I even mention that ridiculous Village movie of his?).
I watched the teaser trailer - and I think Aang looks...chubby? I mean...major OMG-ness. The scene where the Fire Nation ships start launching the fireballs (0.O ballz of FIRE) is pretty awesome though.
But seriously...Dev Patel as Zuko? I mean - what??? As Sokka...sure, cause Sokka is supposed to be dark skinned. But Zuko? My beloved angsty Zuko? WHY?????
Then again, Heath Ledger (RIP) was awesome as the Joker, despite the fact that no one would think that he could have pulled of something like that. So maybe Dev Patel would be awesome as Zuko.
Slumdog Millionaire was my favorite movie this year. And of course I am not racist or anything. It's just...when did Zuko become Indian? Huh?
Although - he does look kinda cute there. I'm a sucker for a guy in armor. Which explains why I own a poster of Jon Snow (Fans of Song of Ice of Fire will know who he is).



Trailer!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging.

I have no idea what this is, mind you... oh well.

I own a full set of armour, you know?

Captain Joe said...

Hey there.

Now that does look cool.